In 1953 Bible Memory’s first camp was held at the Mennonite Youth Village in Michigan with 16 children who had memorized 300 verses. From this small beginning the work began to grow and increase year after year.
The Bible Memory Program was first under a local committee and then was put under the Mennonite Indiana-Michigan Conference. As the work continued to spread into other states a new corporation was formed under the name Bible Memory Program, Inc. It elected a nine member Board of Directors and at that point was not under the Indiana-Michigan Conference, becoming an interdenominational ministry.
We were charter members of Mennonite Camping Association (MCA) and left to join the Christian Camp and Conference Association (CCCA) in 1974.
In 1993 we purchased our first building at 109 W. Madison St. and in 2002 we moved into our present office located at 1014N. Greene Road, Goshen, IN.
The Bible Memory Program is used by approximately 110 churches and a number of home groups in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Nebraska, New Mexico, Ohio, Oklahoma, Kentucky, Florida, South Dakota, Virginia and Pennsylvania. There are currently over 1,200 young people involved monthly in our Bible lesson and memory verse program.
Currently we hold camps in 6 states: Oklahoma, Iowa, Kansas, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, while desiring to expand to your state.